The Tega Cay Fire Department is a mixed volunteer/full-time organization serving the city of Tega Cay. Located in South Carolina, the department protects a population of over 4,000 residents and 1,400 homes and businesses in a 1,600 acre peninsula on the shores of Lake Wylie.
The Department was incorporated in 1973 and exists as a non-profit organization contracting its services to the City of Tega Cay. Leadership is provided by the Fire Chief, one Assistant Fire Chief, two Captains and two Lieutenants. Besides Fire and Rescue operations, members of the Tega Cay Fire Department are active in many community events throughout the year.
Located at 7200 Tega Cay Drive in Tega Cay, SC, our 4-bay station includes meeting and training rooms, a physical conditioning / workout area, a full kitchen, private office space, and equipment and supply storage. We currently operate (3) engines, (1) 77-foot ladder truck, (1) fast-attack pumper/brush truck, (1) support truck and (1) fire/rescue boat stationed on Lake Wylie.
Did You Know?
- Volunteers make up almost 75% – over 750,000 – of all firefighters in the U.S.
- As of 2011, the TCFD is a combination department employing 4 full-time firefighters
- Our firefighters are trained and certified by the S.C. State Fire Academy
- Tega Cay Fire Department is an ISO 3 Department
- Many of our members hold additional qualifications such as Arson Investigator, Fire Marshal, First Responder, CPR / AED / First Aid, Rescue Diver, Hazardous Materials Operator, and Extrication Technician